Saturday, March 24, 2007

two different stores, two different plants, one day

first it was frog (see below post)... now this...
i bought an orchid.
my friend met me at the coffee shop and we left to see about a book sale going on at the library, which... of course, by the time we got there, only had books written in Swahili. so we went to trader joe's instead... and there were the orchids in all their splendor.
and i have good reasons for buying this one:
a) it's spring, so i'm apparently going plant crazy (search bromeliads, venus fly trap, fern)... i can't help myself.
b) it was only $10! other places won't go below $25. i would be remiss were i to pass up this deal.




and unfortunately, because i have plant-loving cats, i had to find a spot where they wouldn't tear it to shreds...
i don't think it looks its best up there, but cat-free zones are hard to find in this house... ah well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with orchids! I have bought two different people these potted orchids, but I haven't for myself yet. I LOVE them! Nice purchase!!!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with orchids! I have bought two different people these potted orchids, but I haven't for myself yet. I LOVE them! Nice purchase!!!

greg|regan said...

you should get one for yourself! so far we've kept ours alive! (going on a week).