Thursday, June 08, 2006

birthday alert

happy 24th birthday leigh/leighnard/lulu/leeper jane/leigh morgan/lemur/lenard/fleesle!



i feel like i just turned 24. how can you be turning 24?

no matter how hard i try to get ahead, you reliably keep that age gap at a mere 2 years. i don't know how you do it but you surprise me every year. ah well.



thanks for being a great sister...


and for making me all that food when we were kids...




and for throwing me all of those surprise parties, even though we were the only ones there who weren't stuffed animals...


and for being sean's cool big sister (as opposed to his nagging one) while watching out for him at the same time...


and for putting up with all of my questions that go along with knowing virtually nothing about fashion (even though you pretend you don't know either... i know you do)...


and for getting me my green kitchen chairs when i didn't want to ask for them...



and for making me babysit all those afternoons even though we were supposed to be switching off... at least i made more money than you!


and for warning me when i start to act like dad by worrying too much (dad... don't worry!)


and for being not only my sister, but my friend. happy birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey big sissy,

Thanks so much for my own June 8th blog! Also thanks for the wake up call at exactly 6:38 (my Arizona birth time or at least close to it). I must admit I'm a little embarrassed about those birthday parties I used to throw you, I would wait behind that big red chair for hours! I should really throw you another one and maybe the kittens and Greg can come too! Anyway, love you big sis, see you in about a month!

Anonymous said...

What? Your dad worry?

Happy birthday, Leigh! Yes, she is ther fashion guru. It was great having my 'personal shopper' when we went together in Tucson!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»